The CLS (City Light Suppression) broadband filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deepsky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII(496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII(654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII(672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at sub-rural area.
Main Use and Performance
- Suitable for color CCD cameras and unmodified DSLRs
- CLS with wider pass-band than UHC and hence is more favored when observing under mild to moderate light pollution
- Light pollution filter do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
- WARNING:The filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
- Schott substrate material
- Thickness 2.0 mm (1.25”/2”/36mm)
- Thickness 1.0 mm (Clip series)
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and <30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
- 95% transmission of main nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm, OIII 496nm and 500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm
- 1% transmission of off-band, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm). Transmission of 0.1% is equivalent to OD3(Optical Density), and a high optical density value indicates very low transmission, and low optical density indicates high transmission.
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimize vignetting by maximize possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material | Precise CNC Machining | Sand Blasting Process | Black Anodized Finish | Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection | Laser Engraving No Fading
- Plastic PP Case | Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining | Silver Cardboard Box | High Density Sponge Carton Lining
- The Major Emission Lines of Nebulae
- H-β486.1nm OIII 495.9nm OIII 500.7nm H-α 656.3nm
- The Major Emission Lines of Artificial Light Pollution
- Hg 435.8nm 546.1nm 577nm 578.1nm
- Na 598nm 589.6nm 615.4nm 616.1nm
OPTOLONG astronomical filters launched since 1990s, OPTOLONG become China’s first astronomical filter manufacturers, with independent R&D ability, has successfully developed more than 20 popular astronomical filters so far.Since OPTOLONG astronomical filters launched, with its high cost performance and good after-sales service OPTOLONG astronomical filter received the recognition from customers and agents both at home and abroad.OPTOLONG astronomical filter has been cognition by fans all over the world, you are welcome to join our local agent.
OPTOLONG astronomy filters advantages
Optical performance: high precision wavelength, high transmittance, deep cutoff, good surface finish, no pinhole
Adopt precision optical double-sided polishing technology (< 30 “)
Halo is restrained effectively, good flatness (RMS λ / 4 or less)
Good substrate material, use German schott glass and fused silica glass
Aircraft aluminum ring by CNC machining, anodic oxidation treatment
Safety packaging, PP plastic box + PVC sponge + cartons
There are no reviews yet.