Instructions: The following instructions will allow you to use your cell phone to take pictures of the solar eclipse with a high quality glass filter using a premium solar filter. This is possible because of the reflective coating that we have created specifically for this use.
Step One: Mount the Filter on Cell Phone
The filter should fit just tight enough to prevent it from slipping off when pointing the telescope downward. Should it become loosen during use, carefully adjust as needed. Avoid over tightening so that stress is not applied that can damage the filter.
- Taking the bracket (figure 1), loosen the nylon thumb screw enough that you can open the sides far enough for your phone. Insert phone with the screen facing outward (figure 2) and where the spindle fits the view finder (figure 3). Tighten the knob until secure, not too tight.
- Next, take the telescope and screw into the spindle (figure 4). Again, tighten it but do not over tighten.
- Now, nylon thumb screw the bracket onto the tripod (figure 5), following the same caution of tight but not too tight. Using the adjusting screw, you can adjust, loosen, and move your phone to the angle you desire.
- Once in place, add the premium solar filter and tighten onto the scope with the nylon thumb screw, following the same caution of tight but not too tight. It should be tight enough so that it doesn’t fall off.
- Optionally, there is a lanyard included with your Universal Mobile Phone Telescope Kit that can be fastened onto the telescope. It is recommended that you remove the solar filter when carrying or wearing the lanyard suited scope to prevent possible accidents.
- When align with the sun aim your phone toward the sun and slowly move it to position allow you phone to focus phone have many advanced setting it is best to adjust you light setting to accommodate a beautiful picture or the sun.
It may be necessary to experiment with the adjustments in order to find the best exposure time. Get familial with using you telescope with the tripod. Take a few test pictures using your tripod and the telescope lens.
Follow all cautions and directions as stated in the information sheets included with your Universal Mobile Phone Telescope Kit. When followed as instructed, you’ll have many hours of solar viewing enjoyment.